Shipping costs cut with new container
29 April 2013
In response to a customer requirement Ferguson Group has developed a new dual purpose DNV/CSC 6m container suitable for travelling on high seas shipping vessels as well as offshore.
The new product, a DNV/CSC 6m dry goods container, includes the following features:
• Designed, manufactured and fully certified to DNV 2.7-1/EN 12079 standards
• CSC approved for international shipping
• Multiple internal tie-down points for safe and secure transportation of cargo
• Cargo restraining nets available if required
• Attachment points built into roofs of all new units to ensure personnel safety when inspecting slings or lifting points
• Anti slip surfaces on both floors and roofs
• Forklift pockets for easy maneuvering
Technical Director Bill England explains “We have an increasing number of clients who, like ourselves, are expanding their operations globally. In many cases the most cost effective shipping method is using deep seas shipping vessels for which CSC certification is required.
It is for this purpose that Ferguson Group is developing its CSC container range. Our hire fleet currently includes CSC rated 6m workspace modules and 3m IceBlue chiller/ freezer containers and this range is set to expand. They are currently available from a number of our bases in Europe and Australasia.”
To find out more about our container range or to obtain a free copy of our wall chart email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org